Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Curly Celebrity Hairstyles and other Celebrity Hairstyles topics.
To get an incredibly romantic look, like the softly curly ponytail Nicole Kidman often wears, just follow these easy steps.
1) Set dry hair all over in medium size hot rollers. Be careful to only wrap as much hair on each roller as the roller can easily handle. The best way to determine this is to place the roller against your head to help you judge, then section off only as much hair area as the roller covers. Then let the rollers cool completely before taking them down.
2) Once the rollers are taken out, use only your fingers to work your hair. Combs and brushes will unravel the pretty curls you've just created.
3) Gently pull your hair back into a ponytail, leaving the very front section of your hair loose. Position the ponytail at the base of your skull, where your head attaches to your neck, and secure with a non-damaging elastic. It is all right if your hair doesn't look like it's been combed straight back to the elastic. Let the little nuances of your fingers show.
4) Now, if you would like, you can use a medium barrel curling iron on the tendrils you left out of the ponytail to frame your face. Let these be soft and loose. You may find you don't need the curling iron at all.
5) Finally, use a little shine enhancing hair spray all over to boost the sheen and keep the hair in place. Then tie a ribbon around the ponytail elastic to match your outfit and polish off the look.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|