Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Short Celebrity Hairstyles and other Celebrity Hairstyles topics.
They say everything old is new again, so if you feel like channeling Olivia Newton-John and getting glammed up in retro style, try these tips on your short to medium length hair. For a style reminiscent of the 1950s, like the one Christina Aguilera has been wearing recently, you will need to pull out the rollers.
1) Take damp hair and run setting lotion throughout.
2) Then set your hair all over on medium size rollers.
3) Either let your hair dry naturally (best), or sit under a bonnet dryer until dry.
4) Once you are certain your hair is completely dry, take the rollers out and gently pick through them with the tail of a rat-tail comb.
5) Next, you will need to tease all over at the roots, to get the volume that picks those curls up. If your hair doesn't tease as easily as you would like, use a little hairspray as you go, which will make the process go faster.
6) Once you have an appropriate amount of volume at the roots, gently smooth the visible hair over so none of the teasing shows.
7) With a medium barrel curling iron, touch up any curls that are not just right.
8) Finally, this style needs control, so use a generous amount of shine enhancing hairspray to keep it all in place.
This style requires a lot of teasing and hairspray. To avoid damaging your hair when you take it down, wash your hair twice with a gentle shampoo, then put a generous amount of conditioner in. While the conditioner is in your hair, take a wide tooth comb and gently work the tangles out. Take your time and you will be able to get your hair clean and tangle free without causing damage.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|